Django has been evolving quietly but steadily. 6 months back when I deployed my site, I gambled and used newforms-admin to be able to experiment. Later, I realized that my blog had a few readers and experimentation would piss them off. Despite this, I managed to redesign the look of the site twice. This time, the site has been written, designed and deployed from scratch taking benefit of a lot of new features of django and other technologies. For the first time, I have managed to stick to certain "best practices" while developing and deploying the site. I keep my "fingers crossed" and hope the site is future proof.
The new features of the site are:
- Support for SlugField in the Blog.
- Search support brought to you by xapian.
- Refactored blog code to make it faster.
- Removed loads of crap features.
- Media and static files are handled by Nginx.
- The site is deployed on Apache + Mod-Wsgi. Thanks Graham Dumpleton
- No...I have not moved the site to another hosting provider, I still use Webfaction. I love their service but only wish they provide VPS support and help people like me avoid the pain of compiling packages from scratch.
- New UI inspired heavily from Thin's site.
- Dynamic feeds. No more feed generation through cron jobs.