6 months in ChennaiMon 01 December 2008 by Thejaswi Puthraya
6 months in Chennai
With today, I will be completing 6 months in Chennai. I came to Chennai to join my first job after college and here are few one-liners to recap this period:
- I really hate the coastal weather where you sweat at any and every point of the day. I don't mind warm weather but sweat really drains me.
- Haven't seen places in and around Chennai, blame it on my workaholism ;-)
- Being a veggie is tough here and I have learnt to cook.
- People who have lived most of their lives elsewhere wouldn't find Chennai enjoyable but it isn't bad. It has it's shares of pros and cons.
- Learnt to speak some Tamil and watched a few Tamil movies.
- Have escaped most of the weekends to Hyderabad to spend time with my parents.
- Living alone is quite depressing...it slowly drives you to stay at workplace for longer which leaves a good impression on your manager :)
- Missing parents and Hyderabad a lot but am also enjoying work immensely.